The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 1
Korean Drama Recaps | October 8, 2015 | 440 viewed
Director: Lee Yong-Seok
Genre: Thriller, Mystery
Release Date: Octorber 08th, 2015
Village: Secret of Achiara launched today on SBS, and I was looking forward to seeing whether the show could maintain the creaky, eerie ambiance promised by the promos. I may be a wimp with the scary stuff, but I still want ghostly thrillers to scare me effectively, even if it means I have to watch through my fingers half the time.
I give the show a tentative go; the premiere of Village wasn’t an outright home run for me, but I find enough about it compelling and intriguing—the execution can be a little rough around the edges but the story has a strong setup. This is the kind of show that’s so dependent on mood and suspense to keep it going that I really, really hope it can keep up the mystery—once it loses that tension, it’ll all unravel. But right now the world is interesting, the characters are all satisfyingly suspicious, and I want to know where we’re going with this. Onward!
Name: Puer Kim – “나는 니가 죽는 것도 보고 싶어” (I want to see you die)
EPISODE 1: “Achiara”
Han So-Yoon ( Moon Geyn-Young) is an English teacher , her family got a serious accident 20 year ago , she is the only person in the family survive. She is going through her late grandmother’s belongings and finf airmail envelope with an old newspaper clipping inside. It is from her town of Achiara, the article is about an accident that killed her whole family, including her. Back to the accident moment , there are her father, mother and 9 year old sister.
The return address sape is from ‘Ahiara’ . Han SO-Yoon thinks someone must have sent this letter to her . SHedeides to go back Ahiara, as an English Teacher in Hyewon Middle School in town.
Back to the past in 22013, in Gangwon-do, Achiara a young woman (Jang Hee-Jin) comes to an art gallery of Yoon I Sook( Shin Eun Kyung). There the woman slips an envelope under Ji Sook’s arm, inside are photos of her husband and another woman. Ji Sook’s husband is Sep hang Kwon, Achiara’s most influential man.
That woman is Kim Hye Jin, an art teacher. Ji Sook comes to meet her and slaps her across in the face.
Back to So Yoon , who will get back in Korea a for the first time in 23 years of her life. She comes back to Achiara on a bus, hearing the news about the death of a young woman in town.
The bus driver advises her not to go out Achiara on a night like this because women have been murdered in the region, all on rainy Wednesdays.
A man keeps following So Yoon after she gets off the bus . So- Yoon Luckily encounters a local pharmacist who invites So-Yoon inside her home.
So Yoon teaches at Haewon Middle – High Scholl . the student are having an outsoor day at the lake and one of the teahers, Nam Gun Woo ( Park Eun Seok) tell SO Yoon that there’s a monster in the lake .
So Yoon follows to 3 students. While she is siding down the hillside, she is horroe to look at the bony arm of a body buried in dirt.
Woo Jae ( Yook Sung Jae) gets the call that a corpse has been discovered.
At the airport, SEO KI-HYUN (Ohn Joo-wan) is greeted by Ji Sook, comes back to Korea from overseas.
Gun Woo tells the pharmacist about the dead body. They seem close to each other.
When So-yoon arrives home that night, her nosy neighbor is there to ask questions, having heard that she was the one to find the body. She asks if they identified the corpse as that missing woman, and when So-yoon asks who that is, the neighbor points at her apartment—that missing woman lived in So-yoon’s place. She marvels at the coincidence of the new tenant discovering the old one.
Now everything inside her apartment takes on a spooky tinge, and So-yoon looks around warily.
Officer Woo-jae takes it upon himself to examine the Rainy Wednesday Killer’s tracks, getting all excited about finding a pattern in the victims’ locations. He asks about the body and the possibility of a serial killer., the Rainy Wednesday Killer
It’s from So-yoon’s class, where a crowd gathers to watch a distraught Yoo-na standing by the shattered window, crying and insisting to the class that Teacher Hye-jin isn’t dead. So-yoon steps in and tries to calm Yoo-na down gently, while Gun-woo takes a different approach, reasoning that “these famous liars” (pointing to her classmates) can’t know more than the police. Their lies are so worthless they don’t deserve to be treated seriously, or cause broken windows. “Because that body is absolutely not Teacher Hye-jin,” he says firmly.
Assemblyman Seo gives son Ki-hyun a tour of their steel factory, which practically built and supported the town and its residents over the years, and Assemblyman Seo calls it their family history. Assemblyman Seo wants Ki-hyun to take over running the business, since he’s got his eyes on a higher prize: He plans to run for governor at the end of his assemblyman term.
So-yoon’s anxiousness grows that night as she reads more news about the serial killings and thinks of her home once being lived in by a victim. All around her are Hye-jin’s belongings, and she keeps hearing her nosy neighbor’s voice asking, “That corpse is that women, isn’t it?”
Someone bangs on her door, and she flinches and shrinks back, trembling and overwhelmed by all the stimuli. The pounding continues, so So-yoon makes her way to the door, mustering the nerve to open it.
So-yoon inches open the door, peering into the empty hallway with its flickering light… and then her student Yoo-na steps toward her, scratched up and disheveled. “Hye-jin… Teacher…” she says.
Tags Moon Geun Young;
- Moon Geun Young Addresses “Gift Controversy”; Explains Why She Uses Social Media
- Moon Geun Young Considers Drama Return with Chaebol’s Daughter on SBS
- Village: Thematic messages, casting, and comic sidebars
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 16 (Final)
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 15
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 14
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 13
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 12
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 11
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 10
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 9
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 8
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 7
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 6
- The Village: Achiara's Secret: Episode 5
Add a Comment
Any contributed comments for the topic are warm welcome, however illegal and hateful comments will be deleted and accounts banned.
- [Review] "W" Episode 2
- [Review] "W" Episode 1
- [Review] "W" Episode 3
- Jun Ji Hyun Currently Owns Real Estate Assets Totaling 40 Billion Won
- Hyori Spotted Selling Handmade Goods at Flea Market
- 6 Korean Movie should continue to make a second part
- [PREVIEW] CHEESE IN THE TRAP EPISODE 13
- Hwang Jung Eum reveals wedding pictorial for ‘ELLE’
- Lee Sung Kyung shows her indifferent charms for ‘marie claire’
- Son Na Eun rocks floral printed outfits for ‘ELLE’
- Remember – War of the Son - Episode 20 Recap
- QUIZ : WHICH 'CHEESE IN THE TRAP' CHARACTER IS YOUR SOULMATE?
- Watch: Kim Go Eun and Park Bo Gum Couple Up in Behind-the-Scenes CF Clip
- Lee Min Ho Donates to Holt International Children’s Services
- Remember – War of the Son - Episode 19 Recap
Currently Airing (Prime-time shows this week)
- Monday-Tuesday (August 21-22)
- There aren't shows in this week.
- Wednesday-Thursday (August 23-24)
- There aren't shows in this week.
- Saturday-Sunday (August 25-27)
- There aren't shows in this week.